Reaver-WPS GUI for rooted devices with bcm4329/4330 wifi chipset or working external wifi card.
Reaver for Android, short RfA, is a simple-to-use Reaver-GUI for Android devices with monitor-mode support.
It has some very cool features:
- Detects automatically WPS-enabled routers.
- All Reaver-Settings are accessible from a simple-to-use GUI.
- Activates and deactivates Monitor-Mode automatically when needed.
- Provides a simple way to connect when Reaver finds the WPA-Key.
- External script support
Project status: PRE-FINAL
What does this mean?
There are some features which are not implemented yet.
Developement will continue very soon.
- Download/install bcmon.apk from HERE and RfA.apk from the bottom of this post. RfA may also download bcmon automatically.
- Run bcmon, if it crashes try a second time.
- If all runs fine, start RfA. If not, your device may be not bcmon compatible. Please see second post.
- After selecting an WPS-enabled router, click on “Test Monitor-Mode”.
- Now you can use RfA:), don’t uninstall bcmon.
Steps 1 – 4 are only for the installation, they don’t have to be repeated once done.
What is this awesome app actually usefull for?
Well, RfA is able to unveil the actual WPA(2)-Key of many routers within 2 – 10 hours.
WHAT?! I though WPA(2) is safe?
It used to be, but then many router models got WiFi Protected Setup, short WPS, implemeted, which is pretty vulnerable. (Details)
Basically it’s a Brute-Force attack with Reaver against a 8 digit pin with 10^4 + 10^3 possibilities.
What is Reaver?
Reaver-WPS is a pentesting tool developed by Tactical Network Solutions.
It attacks WPS-enabled routers and after the WPS-Pin is cracked, it retrieves the actual WPA-key.
Reaver provides only a terminal interface, which is ok for notebooks etc., however it’s a pain on Android devices.
Because of this I developed RfA.
Doesn’t Reaver requires monitor-mode and so can’t work on Android?
Yes, Reaver needs monitor-mode, but thanks to bcmon (or external wifi cards) some Android devices are now monitor-mode capable.
Developed and tested on: Nexus 7 2012 (Stock 4.3)
RfA *should* work on all devices with bcmon support (Broadcom bcm4329/bcm4330 chipsets)
Simply try by installing bcmon. Don’t worry, if something goes wrong a simple reboot should fix everything.
For external wifi cards please see second post.
Tested & works on:
Nexus 7 2012 (Stock 4.3, Cyanogen 9)
Huawei Honour (Cyanogen Mod based ROM)
bcmon does NOT work on:
Samsung Galaxy S3/4/5
Nexus 7 (2013)
Credits & used tools:
Monitor-Mode over bcmon.apk:
Omri Ildis, Ruby Feinstein & Yuval Ofir
Tactical Network Solutions